Thursday, May 31, 2012

Summer is Here!

School is officially now over and Summer has begun.  Yesterday Taylor spent his day sick as a dog, my poor boy.  I was so happy to see him feeling better today and when I said that I would take them down to the swimming pool, he was even better.

I can't believe that we all survived this last year of school.  No more homework! No more asking if they have done their school work period!!  I feel like I can just enjoy my boys now and not have to nag them all day every day.

We invited 2 of their friends over and I took them to our swimming pool and they played in the water for 2 hours.  I sat in a lounge chair enjoying the sunny day.  I'm not supposed to be in the sun and I even wore my sun hat that I bought for when I go out doors but I just wanted to feel the sun on me. So, I wore my swim suite and laid there reading my new book that I started last night.  I'll do my book report later :)

Watching the boys play with their friends was so fun and I enjoyed seeing them be so carefree.  They were laughing and playing and for whatever reason trying to climb on top of each other.  They had the idea to have each of them on the back of the person in front of them.  One of the friends is a girl and the put her at the front and then tried to climb on top of her.  I thought about stopping them several times but then I decided to see if they would figure out that there was no way for her to hold all of them.  After a couple tries she finally stopped it and they moved onto something else.  It was hilarious.

When we got home, the kids made a snack for themselves and then my boys decided to gross out their friends and turned on Hoarders.  Of all the things we have available for them to watch, that is what they picked.  I loved hearing them analyze each situation and their ideas on how to fix things.

Over all it has been an amazing day!!  Being out in the sun and just relaxing was good for all of us.  I just wish I would have thought to take some pictures but I was to busy reading and just watching them.

No comments:

Post a Comment