Monday, June 4, 2012

T is 13!!

My little Taylor bug turned 13 on Friday, June 1st.  He will really not appreciate me calling him my little bug, but I always do.  I'm getting better about not calling him by that nickname in public but I still say it all the time at home.  So, since this is my blog and I am writing about his birthday, I get to use his nickname.

He is becoming such an amazing young man!  He is always the first one to see if there is anything he can do to help and will say thank you for everything.  He is also my son who will hold open a door at a public place and then count how many people will say thank you and then make a big scene when he is done and there are a lot of people around about how many people would not say thank you.  He has grasped the whole idea of manners well.  That is of course until his teenage boy side kicks in and then it's all about bodily functions.

He got to go do his traditional birthday dinner with his grandma's and spend the night.  Then they take him shopping and spoil both him and his brother rotten.  He got 4 Lego sets and still has money left.  It is currently burning a hole in his pocket and will not be happy until  he gets to spend it.  He also is still totally into comic books and so he also got a Thor action figure.  His favorite food, other than pizza, is doughnuts and so he had those for breakfast on his birthday and on Sunday.  We had Sunday dinner with some of our friends and they made him a birthday cake with 13 candles on it.  My poor son finally got a birthday cake from someone else 3 days after his birthday and got to blow out candles instead of our rush song and then blowing out a lighter.  In case you didn't already know that this is our tradition, we do it to prevent any possible explosions that could come from open flame and grandmas' oxygen.

As far as I can tell he has had a wonderful birthday weekend and once I am able to take him shopping to finish spending his birthday money he will be happy.  Until that money is spent, the jury is still out on if he really has had a good birthday :)

I feel so blessed to have this wonderful man in our family.  He brings so much to our family and it wouldn't be the same if we had somehow ended up with a different child.  I love his sense of humor, his kindness, his strength, his knowledge, and how all of these come together to make one of the quickest, smartest and kindest people that I know.  I am always impressed with his sense of right from wrong and his willingness to stand up for what is right.  In that respect, Taylor has no fear of teaching others what is right and yes, I said teaching.  He doesn't just tell someone off or get angry, he takes the time to sit and talk with others and explain things.  At 13, he is so much more mature than a lot of adults I know.

Happy Birthday Taylor!!!  I hope this next year is very good to you!
Love,
Mom and Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment