Monday, July 5, 2010

Bella

We have added a new member to our family. And, please no more questions as to why I did this. I know I'm not a real animal lover, but there is this one soft spot somewhere in me that thinks I need to help every animal (and sometimes car) that needs a good home.

A girl that I work with went to the Manti pageant and there was a woman there giving away kittens. She decided to take one and bring it home, with out talking to her mom first. Well, come to find out her mom hates cats and her brother is allergic to them. The poor kitten was banished to a kennel outside. I had to do something. I couldn't just leave it in a kennel outside.

I sent Kenny a text to ask him if he was okay with me bringing home a kitten, thinking he would say, "no, remember, Charlie is our only and last pet!" But he surprised me and said sure. Plans were put in place for my co-worker to bring the kitten back when it was time for me to leave work and I asked Kenny to start thinking of a name. He quickly said I needed to name her because he named the dog. He never gave me a chance, he text me back within minutes and said, "how about Bella?" Perfect! I mean what kind of a Twilight fan would I be if I didn't name at least one member of our family after a character from the books.

This is Bella! She's a whinny little shit, so the name fits her perfectly.

We thought it would take a while before Bella and Charlie would be okay together but by the next day I got this picture of them from Taylor. So far she has been a wonderful kitten. She hasn't had one accident and is getting along with Charlie. In fact, they are both sitting at my feet asleep right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment